Thursday, January 17, 2008

Its good to be back!

I headed out last night on the FTF ride to put the bike through its paces and make some slight adjustments before the weekends ride. To my delight, we headed into the city to ride some of the challenging descents along the Yarra. The bike handled great!! The Revelation fork really impressed me with its ability to soak up all the bumps while tracking straight on a descent under heavy braking. The rear Fox Float RP23 shock worked a treat. Last year we ran the same shock on the team bikes and had no issues at all. Its as simple as setting the air pressure to suit your weight and forget about it. It just works in all conditions.

Straight out of the box the XT brakes worked exceptionally well. They really do have a snappy feel to them but very predicable on loose surfaces.

I have got to say that I'm very excited to be back on a dual suspension bike! After spending a month on my hard tail I can appreciate the extra travel that is required for the epic trails ahead.

Next week I will report back and give all the details of our ride. I hope all the preparation work pays off, as I'm exhausted!

Jason



0 comments: