Monday, June 15, 2009

Over in a second

First round of the FTF winter series took place on the weekend. With a turn out of around 90 riders and some of which represent our country the FTF crew should be proud with the way the day panned out. As for my day… I loved the course and felt great. The legs were doing what they were told and the fact that every lap I had a chance to say hi to the family as I 'rolled' through the feed zone added to the terrific social environment for the whole family. My race unfortunately came to a standstill on the fourth lap. Just after a rider let me pass I found myself hitting the next corner too fast and headed off into the bush to collect some local 'flora' in my derailleur.



Peddle.. peddle.. snap, race over! Broken hanger and a short walk back to find my wife and explain the situation.

5 comments:

Mak said...

single speed has its advantages!

Snow. said...

I felt your pain a few months ago when I couldn't get a new hanger for over a week. Now I have no bike at all so I have little sympathy!

Matt said...

What Fauna did you end up with in your derailleur, Wombat, Kangaroo, Rabbit, Echidna. A Wombat would make a mess of a derailleur.

Ash Thomas said...

matt, you make me laugh :)

Jason Jackson said...

Sorry my mistake. I should I wrote Flora. Me bad!