Monday, June 8, 2009

Today was the first time I have headed in the direction of the devastated fire areas. I felt like I shouldn’t have been there in respect to the lives that have been lost and the existing residents hard at work getting some sort of normality back into their lives.

I have been told by others to stay away from the area as the locals don’t appreciate (rubber neckers) sniffing around. After riding through I feel one does need to respect the people living and working in the area. The decision to return or stay away from these areas is undeniably a personal one. My hope is if we return in a respectful way we can help the area thrive again.

The Kinglake Rd climb from St Andrews has Mother Nature’s evidence that life will return to the area if we give her time and this is echoed through the town centre by the tradesman hard at work on a pubic holiday at eight in the morning.

0 comments: