Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Panaracer Closer tires.

As the sun starts to peak its head out, perhaps I might too...

But I thought I should do a quick bit of maintenance. Some new brake pads was quite a treat on the F1C, pulling it up in a flash which is nice! Slipping new pads straight back into the holder without any adjustment is something they write about in manuals, it never really happens. Until now :)

And I needed some new tyres, so a quick phone call to GVRaceTech at Panaracer and I've got my little mits on a pair of Panaracer 'Closer' tyres... Closer?? I don't get it either, but they are made in Japan and that's a thumbs up from me! Maybe its from all the cool stuff back in the day, but Japan always seemed to make good gear...

This is what the website says about them:

"Excellent value priced right. Closer offers a ZSG Natural Compound for long lasting wear and a comfortable ride. Closer is the best balance between a high end racing tire and a training tire offering superb durability, comfort, and confidence."




So I whipped of the old tyres, dusted a bit of talc about the place and reefed the kevlar beads over the Ksyriums. Not too much effort saw me pumping them up and popping them back on the bike. First impression was that they have quite a pronounced 'point' in the top centre of the tread, and you notice it when you ride them. There is less surface area on the ground as you ride, and they feel very fast. I'll be able to tell if they are predicatable as time goes by, but so far they seem good!



So, 2010, I wonder whats on the cards for Felt Epix?

0 comments: