Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sorry about the lack of pics, but I'm back at dialup speed for a few more days, so words will have to suffice.

And I'm pretty sure that this new Virtue is the best looking bike I've owned. And there is even a pearlescent fleck in the paint! Saweeeet! So quick run down - Fox shox are all pumped up and ready to be broken in. I'm curious to feel the difference in the new RP23 shock, with some valving tweaks, should be good! Forks feel stiff and bottomless!! The pressures from the factory were even pretty close, which is reasurring. Its not nice to have to stand there and pump away for hours, in the back of your mind praying something isn't wrong.

XT group went together well, brakes adjusted up easily, 180mm front rotor means BIG power, liking it!! Shift indicators - OFF. Swap around shifter and brakes for big hands, and on go the OzRidersGrips (white, why the hell not!) Hoses are to long as usual, but GVRaceTech will be able to handle it easy as you like! Wheels are straight and true, and weren't too hard to roll the Tubeless Panaracer Rampages over, and I didn't even spill too much Spex around the place. The cable routing is a bit how-ya-going, but a little bit of care, some well placed clear stickers and we'll be pretty for years.

The bar and stem combo is a little different to what I'm used to, but in the interests of testing, I'll give them a go for a while. The stem is longer, and flatter than usual, and the seat will be a fair departure from my usual ass-busting Flite's, but if you don't try things...!!

So now I'm just waiting for an opportunity to get it out on the trails...! C'mon weekend, c'mon!!!

And there is still another box of goodies to go through, so wander on by to see what else we'll be playing with.

0 comments: