Friday, March 12, 2010

Virtue versus Nemesis?


Blogging returns, hey maybe its not dead after all?? Felt Racing, back in the saddle

Last night I hopped on my hardtail to whip down and check out the new stuff thats going on at Westgate Park at the Full Gas Dirt Crits, and there is going to be some pretty sweet stuff going on down there let me say! Wall rides, berms, pump track and the list goes on, and for XC bikes no less. Parks Vic are coming to the party in a big way, now the mountain bikers just have to build it all.

Anyway, I digress. I always thought my hardtail was stiff as hell, and for some parts I was right. However, I some areas I was wrong. One of the key improvements is a stiffer front end on the Virtue one, and seeing as how I ride an XL, it is always going to be noticeable to me. From the moment I jumped on the gas in my street, I could feel how much softer the front end was in terms of flex. Yes, they are the old rubbish SID's on there, but even so, the lateral flex can definitely be felt! The Virtue however doesn't suffer from that to anywhere near the same amount! Happy days!

Naturally the revised rear linkages, sealed bearings, one piece carbon swing arm, grease ported needle bearings and the rest of the features add to a pretty neat and tidy bike, and with some judicious pruning by way of carbon accessories, its possible to get the weight right down on the bike too.

To be honest, I'm excited about riding the bike all day, and what better place to do it than at the National Marathon Champs at Avoca!? Cool things about this event? How about catering at feed stations, riding previously unridden walking trails, everything from 15km to 90km distance classes, and finishing on singletrack are all things that I'm looking forward to!

0 comments: